5 x Sessional School Based Counsellors Required: Wales
Location: Cardiff & Vale
Contract type: As & When
Salary : £12.24 – £16.55 per hour
Closing Date: 17 June 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join Barnardo’s as a School-Based Counsellor at the Vale School-Based Counselling Service,
Barnardo’s Cymru Cardiff and Vale Locality to support children and young people.
The role will be working predominantly in the Vale of Glamorgan.
About The Vale School-based Counselling Service
Barnardo’s provides a professional, independent counselling service for children and young people aged 10-19 living in the Vale of Glamorgan.
Counselling is provided via 1:1 sessions to support children and young people in respect of their health, emotional and social needs.
As a School-based Counsellor you will be located in High Schools in the Vale of Glamorgan delivering counselling to year 6 pupils and also within the community for those able to access the service independently.
As part of your role your duties will include:
- Providing an independent professional counselling service to children and young people aged 10–19 years.
- Working in a formal counselling capacity with children and young people on a one to one or group basis.
- Contributing to service development.
- Promoting the counselling service.
- Working co-operatively with children’s services, health agencies and other community based services.
- Supervising students or volunteers, allocating work, providing day to day supervision and support as required.
- Working flexibly according to the demands of the service.
- Have the ability to be responsible for the more complex cases/situations presenting within the service.
- Be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the service.
- Performing such other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be required reasonably from time to time including counselling work outside of normal hours, including as appropriate, during non-work time.
You will have:
- A Professional Diploma level 4 in Counselling.
- BACP accreditation and registration or UKCP equivalent.
- Evidence of proven post-qualifying supervised practice with children and young people.
- Experience of applying safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures.
- Ability to listen to and communicate effectively with Children and Young People.
You must demonstrate in your application that you currently use the skills outlined above, and in the Job Description/Person Specifications, or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc.
This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
Barnardo’s believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.