Autism Practitioner Required: Dundee, Scotland
Part Time & Full Time Opportunities Available
Scottish Autism’s mission is to enable autistic people to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
We are currently looking for committed and motivated Autism Practitioners within our Tayside Service to cover the Perth and Dundee Area.
As an Autism Practitioner, you will take the lead role in developing personalised Support Plans which focus on maximising potential for each of the supported individuals.
This is an exciting opportunity which will involve supporting the transition of autistic individuals with complex needs from a hospital environment into their own homes.
Suitable candidates will have an appropriate qualification for this position such as an SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or the willingness to work towards attaining this qualification.
You will have good interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively. Some practical experience using Microsoft software packages such as Word and Excel would also be beneficial to this role.
Do you share Scottish Autism’s values?
– Collaboration – we work with others and value their opinions
– Compassion – we work with each other and our service users with care and kindness
– Change makers – we never stand still, we move positively forward, always focussed on quality and being the best
– Contribution – we love what we do, we never lose sight of our purpose and the difference we make in society
We will offer you:
– A competitive salary
– 32 days’ holiday (pro rata for part time (which increases with your length of service)
– Long service awards
– HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
– Employee benefits offering discounts to high street shops, cinemas and gym memberships
– Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
– Non-contributory life assurance scheme
– Workplace pension
– Sector leading training from day one
– The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
These posts are subject to a PVG Disclosure check.
Please note, all new employees must register with the SSSC within 3 months of commencing employment and failure to do so can result in termination of employment.
Closing Date: 10/10/2019
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with lived experience of autism.