Autism Practitioner Required: Edinburgh, Scotland
Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. Our mission is to enable people to lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
Due to a new service development in our Lothian service, we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and creative Autism Practitioner to join our new service based in Haddington.
We are also looking for Autism Practitioners to join our Outreach based service.
We are looking for staff who want to take on a role that:
– Makes a positive impact on people’s lives
– Provides a safe and nurturing environment for individuals with Autism
– Allows you to use your skills and talents to enrich people’s lives, helping them to achieve their goals
– Offers a challenge and isn’t your average desk based, office job
– Empowers individuals to develop their talents
– Enables individuals with Autism to engage with their local communities
As an Autism Practitioner, you will take the lead role in developing personalised Support Plans which focus on maximising potential for each of the supported individuals. You will work with the wider Support Worker team to continually review Support Plans, ensuring they continue to be aspirational and person centred.
To join us as an Autism Practitioner, you will need:
– A relevant qualification such as an SVQ Level 2 and willing to work to level 3 in Health and Social Care
– An empathetic approach
– Great communication skills
– A positive attitude
– Flexibility: we offer a range of shift patterns which will include weekends and occasional waking nights (£11.44 per hour for waking nights)
We will offer you:
– A competitive salary
– 32 days’ holiday (pro rata for part time) which increases with your length of service
– Long service awards
– HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you and your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
– Employee benefits offering discounts to high street shops, cinemas and gym memberships
– Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
– Non-contributory life assurance scheme
– Workplace pension
– Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ Level 3
– The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
Please note, Scottish Autism operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted.
These posts are subject to a PVG Disclosure check.
Please note, all new employees must register with the SSSC within 3 months of commencing employment and must be committed to gaining the relevant registration in the appropriate timescales.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with lived experience of autism.