Bank Counsellor Required: Powys, Wales
Location: Ponthafren Association (Newtown and/or Welshpool)
Hourly rate: £20.00
The role of Counsellor is to provide time limited and client-focused counselling.
The counsellor will work within our sites in Newtown and Welshpool providing counselling to clients who have self-referred or have been referred to the service from across North Powys.
This is an opportunity to become part of Ponthafren’s counsellor bank on a self-employed basis.
While work would be agreed to on a case-by-case basis, a commitment is required from a counsellor to complete a client’s block of sessions (usually one-hour session per week).
Mentoring to be provided by Ponthafren Association. Supervision is the responsibility of the individual.
1. Post-qualifying experience of time limited counselling – Essential
2. Professionally recognised Diploma in Counselling / Psychotherapy or equivalent – Essential
3. Hold and maintain membership of BACP or other recognised body – Essential
4. Must hold valid and appropriate insurance to provide counselling – Essential
5. Successful applicants will have to undergo an enhanced DBS check. A satisfactory check will be required before any counsellor can be offered clients.