Children & Young People Counsellor Required: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
We are looking for an experienced counsellor to work as part of a team providing face-to-face counselling and early intervention mental health and emotional support for children and young people.
The successful candidate will work across Nottingham City on a 28 hours per week permanent contract.
The successful candidate will have:
1. A relevant professional qualification in Counselling, Psychotherapy at Diploma level or above or the equivalent.
2. Accredited with BACP, UKCP or equivalent or eligible to work towards accreditation.
3. BACP – A minimum of 450 clinical hours (post qualification) or UKCP minimum of 4 years advanced clinical training and a minimum of 450 clinical hours
4. A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with children and young people in face-to-face setting[s].
5. Experience of providing effective short term and longer term counselling/psychotherapy
6. Experience of working with young people who experience complex mental health difficulties including suicidal feelings and engaging in risk-taking behaviours
7. Experience of offering initial and on-going assessment of the mental health needs of young people taking into account their developmental needs.
8. Experience of liaising with and referring to other agencies both statutory and voluntary especially with regards to Safeguarding procedures.