Counselling Team Leader Required: London
Salary: £26,960 p/a incl. London weighting + pension & other benefits
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: We will be reviewing applications and interviewing on a rolling basis. Final deadline date: Wednesday 25 September 2019 at 23:59
What’s the role all about?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Counselling professional with a BACP qualification (or equivalent) to deliver Depaul’s Mind Connect Counselling service across London. Your official title will be ‘Counselling Coordinator’.
Working under the guidance of the Prevention Services Manager, you’ll play a key role in recruiting and coordinating trainee Counsellors in the service.
You’ll ensure safe, effective and flexible service delivery to homeless young people with low-level mental health needs based on Cognitive Behavioural Theory (CBT) and/or Integrative and Person Centred Models.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for your own caseload, as well as generating your own referral paths and drawing in other internal departments as well as external agencies.
Who are we?
Depaul UK delivers a range of support and housing services around the UK for young people and adults at risk of homelessness.
We provide services that:
- Prevent homelessness
- Increase the resilience of those we work with
- Energise opportunities for employment, education, training & volunteering
We’re dedicated to putting our values into action to achieve a society where everyone has a place to call home and a stake in their community.
What makes this role exciting?
- You’ll be provided a full induction and ongoing training opportunities to enhance the skills required.
- You’ll work closely with your line manager who will help you deliver your personal and corporate objectives.
- You’ll be provided with suitable development opportunities to help you understand our heritage as a Vincentian organisation.
- You’ll be delivering a vital contribution to the great work Depaul does in supporting vulnerable Young people.
What will ideally support your success in this role?
- Essential: You must hold a recognised counselling qualification at Diploma level (or equivalent), and current registration or accreditation with the BACP (or equivalent)
- Training and experience of providing CBT and / or Integrative and
- Person Centred models in a 1-2-1 and group setting
- Experience of providing support to vulnerable young people
- Experience of recruiting and supporting volunteers / trainees
- Experience of operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
What’s it like to work at Depaul UK?
- You’ll be joining a friendly, flexible and values-led organisation, and will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Four Weeks Paternity Leave