Counsellor / Play Therapist / Creative Arts Therapist: London
Salary: £31,455 to £34,917 pro rata.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019, 9am
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join ConnectEd, one of the largest providers of therapy services to schools in London.
We are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated Counsellors, Play Therapists or Creative Arts Therapist to fill the following vacancies from September 2019:
- One day per week at a primary school in Lambeth
- Three days per week at three primary schools in Tower Hamlets*
- One day per week at a special school for children aged 5-11 in Tower Hamlets**
*We will consider appointing more than one candidate to fill this post; applicants who can offer one or more days are encouraged to apply.
**This special school is for children who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Candidates applying to work in this school must either have direct experience of working in a special school/PRU/Alternative Provision, or clearly evidence how they have the skills and experience to provide effective support for children in this setting.
Successful candidates will receive an excellent package including generous pension provision, external clinical supervision, line-management and continuing professional development opportunities.
The successful applicants will:
- Possess a qualification in Counselling, Play Therapy or a Creative Arts Therapy
- Have at least one year’s post qualifying experience of working with primary aged children in a therapeutic capacity
- Have a good understanding of working in an educational setting
- Be willing to deliver both individual and group work
- Hold membership of an appropriate professional body (BACP, BAPT, BADth, BAAT etc.)
- Where applicable to your qualification/training, be HCPC registered or professionally accredited (or actively working towards accreditation).
Salary: £31,455 to £34,917 pro rata. The posts are term-time only. For each one day per week post an additional two days must to be worked annually during the school holidays.