Targeted Programme Coordinator/Counsellor Required: London
Location: Various locations across the Hillingdon Borough
Group: Social Care
Position Type: Permanent
Contract hours: Full time
Salary: (£)33259 to 36140
Closing date for applications: 9 December 2019
Job ref: LBH5403
We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead the delivery of an Early Intervention programme unit that enables children, young people and families to progress towards positive social, health and economic outcomes.
You will provide leadership and support to the counselling team to ensure that continued excellent professional and ethical standards are maintained.
About the person
This role requires the candidate to hold a recognised therapeutic counselling qualification at level 4, accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
You will be a skilled and qualified counselling professional, accredited with the BACP, able to coordinate LINK – a successful and busy young peoples’ counselling agency.
You will have previous counselling experience, alongside demonstrable experience of working with complex cases and providing clinical supervision.
You will also have previous management experience.
This role requires you to have excellent organisation and communication skills.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate empathy and support to support to staff, volunteer counsellors and clients.
As importantly, you’ll need a good understanding of issues that Young People face today and have a creative and dynamic approach to engaging with hard to reach and vulnerable groups of Young People.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement
- career breaks
- childcare schemes for working parents
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses