Domestic Violence Counsellor Required: Brent, London
• To establish, develop and provide a culturally appropriate counselling service to women experiencing domestic violence and abuse that will enable them to be active participants in their healing process and support them towards sustainable recovery.
• To establish good working partnerships and promote the service to local communities through outreach and joint working with VAWG (Violence Against Women and Girls) consortium, other key agencies and professionals. Depending on the need in the borough this may involve setting up satellite’s to deliver 1:1 counselling and group sessions.
• To raise awareness on gender-based violence experienced by women to health and social care professionals and community members, including advertising and giving presentations to promote the service.
• To uphold and integrate into your practice EACH’s commitment to equality, inclusivity, and anti-discriminatory practice. In particular engage women from black, minority ethnic, refugee and other marginalised communities in therapeutic processes with cultural sensitivity.
KEY POST REQUIREMENTS:
• Have a recognised counselling qualification and a commitment to work towards accreditation.
• Experience of engaging and providing a range of therapeutic interventions (as appropriate) to women affected by sexual and domestic violence
• Knowledge and understanding of the impact of trauma and gender-based violence on women
• Experience of partnership working and working within service and contract delivery systems and understanding their requirements.
Deadline for applications: 7th October 2019
Interviews: 14th October 2019