Family Practitioner Required: (Maternity Cover) Warwickshire
- Winston Ave, Coventry CV2, UK
- Service type: Family Support
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade D
- Department: Young People & Families
- Pay zone: Zone 3 – Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Full time – fixed term
We are looking for a Family Practitioner to cover maternity with immediate effect.
This role will be based in our East pod and be located from Moathouse Leisure and Neighbourhood Centre, Winston Avenue, CV2 1EA.
You will be delivering targeted and intensive engagement to families with children who are identified with unmet needs.
You will be delivering interventions using whole family assessment and professional methods to effect and sustain positive change.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- There is no essential professional qualification required for the role. Candidates who demonstrate strong motivation, a willingness to be innovative and try a new approach to working with children and families and those who are clearly solution focused, tenacious, able to challenge and persistent in their work will be scored most highly.
- A proven track record of working creatively with children and families identified at level 2-4 on the continuum of need.
- Experience of assessing family situations using a holistic family assessment tool, developing individual packages of support and translating them into effective support plans aimed at supporting children and families.
- Experience of working with a range of issues affecting children and their families, such as substance misuse, domestic violence, school exclusions, offending behaviour.
- An understanding of key local and national policy frameworks relating to children with unmet needs;
- Experience and understanding of effective engagement methods and techniques
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding
- Experience of leading and delivering group work with families
- Ability to use information technology and software programmes