Full-time Therapist Required: Halstead, Essex
Sanctuary Lodge is 12 step Recovery Treatment Center and we are looking for a full time therapist to join the team. Knowledge of the 12 step approach is desirable.
28 Days paid holiday a year
40hrs per week Monday – Friday with a rota of weekend shifts as treatment at sanctuary Lodge is 7 days a week.
The day-to-day delivery of high quality therapeutic support to substance misusing clients who access Sanctuary Lodge via statutory or self referral
- To provide counselling, support in relations to substance misuse.
- To communicate Sanctuary Lodge’s vision and deliver its mission
- To provide direct client services by way of group and key work
- To meet key service objectives in line with Sanctuary Lodge’s policies, procedures and data collection systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to assessments of clients within agreed timescales.
- To deliver a structured therapeutic support programme through group-work sessions and one to one interventions.
- To contribute to regular reviews of the client with probation (where appropriate) and health workers or other relevant agencies.
- To counsel individuals about their substance use using recognizedtheoretical models.
- To help individuals address their substance use and offending behaviorthrough an agreed action plan.
- To maintain records of the client attendance and participation in the group programme.
- To explore, implement and supervise a range of approaches, activities and exercises, which are designed to promote health and support individuals through detoxification/stabilization.
- To utilizerecording and statistical systems to collect and collate data and to ensure that all administration, case recording, written reports etc are maintained to agreed standards.
- To utilizea flexible approach and where required participate in activities and tasks which directly respond to client need.
- To uphold all Sanctuary Lodge’s policies and procedures and actively promote equality of opportunity in the course of your work.
- To maintain a safe and welcoming environment ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Ensure regular consultation with service users and promote their equality, diversity and rights
- To contribute positively to relevant internal and external forums.
- To collaborate effectively with partner agencies and bring a proactive approach to partnership work.
- To undertake any other duties as instructed by the Senior Therapist and Directors that will contribute to fulfilling Sanctuary Lodge’s aims.
General Terms of Reference
In carrying out the above duties the counsellor will:
- Work closely with partner agencies.
- Work flexibly within agreed hours to maintain the level of service provision.
- Participate in regular training, supervision and appraisal to improve their performance.
- Keep abreast of developments in services, legislation and practice relevant to the client group.
Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity.
- Experience of direct work with substance misusing clients
- Two years experience of direct client work with at least one years experience of working with substance misusers in a therapeutic setting
- Experience of developing and delivering therapeutic support programmes
- Experience of providing direct client services particularly assessment & group-work.
- A flexible open approach and proven communication skills in the management of sessional staff, volunteers and clients.
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of statutory and non-statutory agencies
- Proven skills in planning and administration.
- Ability and willingness to develop the treatment programme to suit client need.
- Confidence to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Understanding of the importance of upholding quality standards, performance monitoring and collating appropriate statistical information for purchasers.
- Knowledge of health and safety, including assessing high-risk situations for clients.
- Organised and have excellent time management skills
- An empathic and non-judgmentalattitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work with people regardless of their ethnic, cultural, social backgrounds, their gender, age, religious belief, disability and sexual orientation
- Commitment to support Sanctuary Lodge’s values and mission.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to respond flexibly to the demands of the post
- Ability to make a personal investment in the development and success of Sanctuary Lodge.
- A professional qualification in substance misuse and or counselling.
- Experience of providing training to fellow professionals.
- Computer Literacy.
Job Type: Full-time
- Counselling: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- DBS Certificate