3 x Session Counsellors Required: East Kent
Application deadline: 12/03/21
Role Description: Session counsellor
Suggestive Hours per week: Part time, contract, 10 per week
Salary: £18 – £19 per hour
- Attend and participate in regular training, staff meetings, supervision and other service meetings as necessary within the EKRCC team.
- Be committed to personal and professional development and undertake relevant training and CPD opportunities.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on issues relevant to survivors of sexual violence.
- To provide effective and safe case management.
- To manage a trauma informed streamlined pathway between survivors and our services.
- To provide administrative support to service teams.
- Evidence of solid experience working with sexual violence trauma.
- Qualified Counsellor with experience of supporting survivors 14 years +
- Membership of either BACP or UKCP.
- Significant experience of carrying out assessments and support planning with clients in person and over the phone.
- Experience of working with safeguarding issues and risk assessments.
- Experience of working with very vulnerable or traumatised individuals.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the issues in relation to the needs of survivors of sexual violence.
- Own car essential as outreach work may be required.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and a 3 month probation period. Female applicants only requirement of Schedule 9 Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Work remotely: No
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place