Accredited Counsellor Required: Remote Work
|Deadline: 24/01/2021 23:59|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Salary: £26,123 – £32,581|
At Help for Heroes, we believe those who serve our country deserve support when they are wounded. Every day, men and women have to leave their career in the Armed Forces as a result of physical or psychological wounds; their lives changed forever. We help them, and those still serving, to recover and get on with their lives.
And who are we you’re wondering? We are experts and beginners. Generalists and specialists. Ordinary people with an extraordinary passion towards making a positive change to the lives of our veterans (and having fun while doing it).
- To work as part of a team providing psychological wellbeing support to our beneficiaries. Responsibilities range from psychological wellbeing triage and assessment, delivering psychological wellbeing support on an individual and group basis, routine monitoring of effectiveness of interventions, through to in situ psychological wellbeing support to beneficiaries on participating in recovery activities.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in/willingness to work within a structured service delivery framework and within limits on scope and duration of service provision we are resourced to provide
- Ability to perform psychological wellbeing assessments to appropriately identify and support onward referral of individuals where their level of need or complexity falls outside the scope of available service provision
- To be highly skilled in communicating in a compassionate, ethical and supportive manner to service users who may be distressed or challenging
- Previous experience operating within a multi-disciplinary team
- Accredited status with BACP (or equivalent body such as the UKCP)
- Experience delivering group-based psychoeducation programmes or willingness to develop skills in group programme delivery
- Ability to interpret psychometric scores using common psychometric tools
- Desirable experience or training in compassion focussed therapy, ACT and/or Mindfulness based approaches