Aquarius Practitioner Required: Birmingham, West Midlands
Bristol Road (Aquarius)
- Time type: Full time
- Job requisition id: JR005981
£21,881 with progression to £24,240 per annum + excellent benefits
Do you want to work as part of a Dynamic and engaging team supporting Young People in Birmingham?
Due to project expansion Aquarius Young People’s Substance misuse team are recruiting for several Young People’s Practitioners across the city.
Aquarius has been providing structured and targeted interventions to young people engaging in, at risk of substance misuse or affected by parental substance misuse for many years.
The post holder will work on an outreach basis, including visiting schools, colleges & universities, places of worship, youth service provisions & local community venues. Raising the profile of substance misuse services available to young people and also providing young people with that first point of contact providing advice and further direction into accessing the right support, particularly targeting outreach to engage ‘hard-to-reach’ young people.
Holding relevant experience with skills or qualifications in either substance misuse/youth work/psychology/counselling/ mental health/social care
you will also:
- Have experience of working with at risk/vulnerable people in a community setting
- Be able to deliver group work
- Be knowledgeable about: safeguarding children, confidentiality, consent and mental capacity and Hidden Harm
- Adopt a flexible approach to work – hours and locations
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Learning & Development Opportunities and Career Progression
- Generous Contributory Pension scheme
This is a fixed term post that ends on 31 March 2024.
This is a full-time role requiring the post holder to work 37 hours per week, including some weekend and evening shift patterns.
This is a rolling recruitment process; shortlisted candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply.