CAMHS Children & Young People’s Counsellor Required: South Tyneside
Closing Date: 03/08/2020
Location: South Shields
Salary: £31,365 to £37,890 pa
Job Type: Fixed term (12 Months)
Working pattern: 37.5 hours
Pay Scheme: Agenda for change
Pay Band: 6
re you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a new service in Child and Adolescent Mental health?
This post gives a unique opportunity to be part of South Tyneside’s Lifecycle Mental Health service which has children and young people’s getting help services and adult IAPT services.
The post holder will be working within the lifecycle service offering counselling interventions and which may also include:
- Support school professionals and parents with the provision of advice, consultation and support.
- Deliver a high-quality general and targeted training offer to both parents and professionals.
- Delivering programmes of low-level and preventative support for children and young people in accordance with their needs and age.
- Support children and young people by delivering evidence-based therapeutic interventions.
- Be able to reach those children and young people who find it hard to access services.
The service will be delivered from clinic settings, schools and community bases within the borough
You must have:
- An accredited Counselling qualification (minimum Level 4 Diploma), and accreditation (e.g BACP or UKCP) or be accreditable with 2 years minimum post qualification experience.
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with Children and Young People in the role of a counsellor
- Experience in the field of bereavement work with children and young people
- Working in a community setting
- Sound knowledge of children and young people’s mental health issues
- A good working knowledge and experience of Safeguarding
- Efficient and effective maintenance of administrative support and procedures
- Experience of working with Children and Adolescents in a mental health setting.
- Experience of organisational change.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience of supervising professional colleagues.
- Experience of multi-agency working.
- Ability to provide clinical and professional supervision, training and consultation to a range of practitioners
- Good knowledge and understanding of schools and education systems.
- Commitment to extending knowledge, personal and professional development of self and others.