Clinical Lead Counsellor Required (Age UK Camden): London
- Grade: Scale SO1- 2, scp23 – 29 £32,298 to £35,948pa inc London weighting plus 6% contributory pension.
- Hours: Pro-rata 21 hours
- Job share: No
We are looking for an experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist with organisational skills to take the clinical lead position in our highly regarded Counselling and Psychotherapy service for adults aged 55 and over in the borough of Camden.
The main purposes of the job:
- To assist and support the Counselling Manager in smooth running of the counselling service utilising clinical, administrative, and organisational skills and knowledge.
- To take initiative to grasp the client pathway (from the referral to the completion of counselling) and make effective clinical and ethical judgements.
- To contribute significantly to enhance diversity of clients, for instance BAMER and LGBTQ+ ·
- To contribute significantly to work with the clients living with the early stage of dementia.
Since the middle of the 20th century the population of older adults in the UK has been increasing. Yet we are one of the few counselling services offering specialised services to the older generation. We have been demonstrating, here at Age UK Camden in partnership with NHS Camden iCope, there is no age limit to benefit from counselling/psychotherapy.
As the Clinical Lead Counsellor, you will work closely with the Counselling Service Manager in running the service. Your clinical work will include initial assessments and time-limited counselling. You will work with a diverse range of clients with various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, including BAMER, OLGBTQ+, and clients living with early-stage dementia.
The successful candidate will be motivated to support older adults in Camden and have a minimum of three years’ post-qualification experience of undertaking weekly counselling/psychotherapy with clients. You will have a Diploma/MA/MSc in Counselling/Psychotherapy and accreditation with BACP and/or registration with UKCP/BPC/BPS. Please see the Job Description and the Person Specification for a full list of skills and experience required. The post is based in Camden and travel round the borough is required.
Closing date: Tuesday 11th April 9AM
Interview dates: Monday 17th/ Tuesday 18th April 2023