College Counsellor: Middleton & Rochdale Campus, Greater Manchester
Hopwood Hall College
Closing Date: 24/11/2023
Hours: 37 weeks
Salary: £27,796 – £33,272 per annum
LOCATION: Middleton and Rochdale Campus
CLOSING DATE: 24th November 2023
To provide confidential and professional counselling service for students experiencing emotional and mental health issues based on their own unique needs, including those with complex needs and to publicise and promote the service within the college.
- To provide 1:1 and group counselling to students. This will include making assessments and offering ‘emergency’ sessions where appropriate.
- To adhere to the BACP’s/ UKCP ethical framework
- Monitor client progress using CORE 10’s throughout sessions and keep confidential notes on all counselling sessions.
- Develop and create mental health resources and promote activities and resources for client use within college and externally including on line resources.
- Report and respond appropriately to any safeguarding concerns raised, including management and guidance in emergency situations, specifically in relation to suicidal ideation
- Complete referrals to specialist mental health services
- Develop and maintain relevant links with outside agencies to enhance the referral network of the college.
- Keep abreast of legislation and developments in counselling and psychotherapy that may have an impact on the Counselling service for clients and maintain relevant ongoing professional development.
- Support Line Manager with the recruitment of Placement counsellors and be responsible for the duties and client allocation for these counsellors, providing guidance and support where required.
- Attend relevant meetings and staff development activities, and contribute to staff training activities where required.
- To liaise with other college staff as appropriate to ensure an integrated approach, maintaining multi-disciplinary boundaries.
- Record accurate client data throughout the year to report on counselling activities to line managers and SLT as required, including providing a Counselling Summary at the end of the academic year.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required
Hopwood Hall College is an equal opportunities employer. Our values are underpinned by equality, diversity and inclusion for all. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Being an inclusive workplace means we ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and flourish as part of our team irrespective of their age, gender, race, sexuality, religion or belief, disability, gender reassignment or marital status. We respect and value our differences and aim to bring out the best in people by creating a culture where everyone feels included and appreciated.
We are a Disability Confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.