College Counsellor Required (ACS international Schools): London
ACS International Schools
High School, Cobham
ACS International Schools is looking for a College Counsellor to join the team. The main purpose of this role is to work as part of a team in the Academic Dean’s Office playing a leading role in college counselling for students in grades 9 to 12.
- Take the leading role in all educational and informational programs related to college counselling (eg student, teacher and parent workshops, open evenings, assemblies etc)
- Keep up-to-date on issues and trends related to university placement through professional development and attending conferences
- Be college counsellor for a group of students in grade 11 & 12 that will be divided amongst the college counselling department.
- Meet regularly and individually with students and families in his/her case-load
- Advocate for his/her students throughout their college application process
- Work with advisors to facilitate college application process including course selection
- Work with faculty to improve and standardize the quality of their advocacy letters
- Work with the English Department to help students develop application essays and personal statements
- Keep abreast of individual student status with regard to credits, academic warnings, honour roll etc
- Be available for parent conferences and “drop-ins” (“Open Door” policy)
Skills and Experience:
- Previous teaching experience
- Strong knowledge of UK, US and other colleges and universities; an established network of admissions colleagues
- Previous experience of using or willingness to learn to use Bridge-U programming and administration
- Educated to BA essential.
- Experience working in high school college counselling essential. Experience in teaching preferred.
- Strong IT skills essential