Counsellor (Accredited) Required: Stockport, Greater Manchester
NHS Stockport Talking Therapies is an IAPT service which provides a range of evidence based interventions for people requiring a psychological intervention utilising a stepped care model, which helps to ensure increased service user choice and access to services. The successful candidate will form part of the Stockport Talking Therapies IAPT service and provide time limited therapy, in accordance with NICE guidelines.
Role Summary: The provision of brief counselling to people experiencing mild to moderate common mental health problems. We have two part time positions available (1 x 30 hours per week, 1 x 22.5 hours per week).
Some key responsibilities of the Post:
- To provide a Counselling service to clients referred by GP and other agencies meeting the criteria for Stockport Talking Therapies.
- To undertake and manage a clinical caseload and to prioritise work within agreed service criteria.
- To act autonomously in the delivery of counselling within an agreed brief intervention model of provision.
- To liaise with other professionals as appropriately.
- To undertake regular internal clinical supervision, Line Management supervision to ensure safe therapeutic practice.
- To be able to work competently with distressed patients and manage difficult conversations regarding treatment and appropriateness for the service.
- To appropriately screen for risk of harm to self, others and safeguarding concerns in accordance with trust policies.
- To have knowledge and awareness of risk and safeguarding concerns and complete the required Trust training in these areas.
- To complete all documentation, administration and data collection as required by the service
Stockport Talking Therapies is a busy service and operates within an agile working environment, therefore the successful candidate must be confident in delivering counselling in face-to-face, telephone-based and video-based settings and whilst they will be supported within the team, the candidate will have the ability and confidence to work autonomously.