Counsellor (Children and Young People): Stockport, Greater Manchester
The closing date is 31 December 2022
Beacon are currently recruiting experienced and skilled Children & Young People counsellors to join our expanding organisation.
We are working to bring greater diversity in all areas of our workforce and are taking action to encourage applications from people of colour and other racially minoritised communities, people with a disability, and people who identify as LGBTQ+ and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities, and are a Disability Confident employer.
We particularly want to encourage people from minority backgrounds to apply. If you are unsure about applying or have any questions then please contact us directly and we will be happy to have a conversation with you.
Main Objectives of Post
- Working with Children and Young People:
- To provide a confidential and effective counselling service for children and young people in schools or elsewhere
- When working in a school to work as Beacon’s main representative in the particular school
- When working in a school to work with the YPS Coordinator in maintaining a strong relationship with the school(s) in which you work
- To work with the manager, supervisor, and school’s counselling team to assist in the development of Beacon’s school’s counselling service
- To work flexibly and cover additional schools at different locations as they become available.
A society where everyone is able to cope with distress and has the opportunity to enjoy a happy life
We build resilience in communities by supporting adults, young people and children experiencing mental and emotional distress
We do this by providing one to one counselling, group programmes and through community projects
Where We Work
We deliver counselling in Stockport and surrounding regions within Greater Manchester. We counsel in our central ‘Beacon House’, in over 20 schools and in two other local charity centres.