Counsellor for Depression Required: Shipley, West Yorkshire
As a provider of care for people of all ages who have mental and/or community health needs we are dedicated to providing a high-quality service, close to where people live and as much as possible tailored to an individual’s needs.
An exciting, new opportunity has arisen for a High Intensity Counselling for Depression (CfD) Therapist to join our growing team here at MyWellbeing IAPT Service.
Who are we?
MyWellbeing IAPT Service is an established, forward-thinking ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) service, providing psychological therapy for people across Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health problems.
What is the role?
Counselling for Depression (CfD) is a highly valued and fundamental part of what we do. Our counsellor provide NICE evidence-based treatment for people with depression, including 1-1 face-to-face and remote sessions.
The role will involve delivering CfD and candidates should hold accreditation with BACP. The successful post holder will have completed either the IAPT CfD course or a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling. Previous experience working in an IAPT, or equivalent adult service, would be beneficial, as would further additional training in IAPT approved therapies (.e.g IPT or EMDR). This vacancy is based within the xx Locality Team, however, you may also be required to provide input across the other areas of the Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven district.
Main duties of the job
- Work with autonomous professional judgement, together with other psychological therapists, to deliver evidence-based therapy to individual and groups of patients.
- Manage a designated caseload of patients with responsibility for their assessment, implementation and evaluation of
- Supervise and support Lead Psychological
- Proactively contribute to the achievement of positive clinical outcomes. This will include conducting evaluations using clinical outcome measures and satisfaction surveys.
- Communicate effectively with patients, relatives/carers and colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a manner that is sensitive, open, welcoming and person- centred.
Closing Date: 29th May 2023
Shortlisting Date: 30th May 2023
Interview Date: 9th June 2023