Counsellor (Part time) Required: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
University of Nottingham
Closing Date: Wednesday, 13th April 2022
Job Type: Administrative Professional & Managerial
Department: Counselling Service
Salary: £40927 to £50296 per annum pro-rata depending on skills and experience.
Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
The University of Nottingham is seeking to recruit three Counsellors to join the team of energetic, highly qualified, experienced, and committed practitioners working in the university’s counselling service. Our clinical team comprises practitioners working from a range of theoretical orientations. The permanent posts are for 29 hours (4 days) or 21.75 hours (3 days) per week, the hours must be worked as full days.
The post offers a great opportunity to work in an established, respected, and well-used service which is part of the pastoral and wellbeing network providing support to students at the university.
The University of Nottingham Counselling Service provides free and confidential brief counselling interventions for students and staff studying and working at the university. Over 2600 clients attended 1:1 counselling in academic year 2020/21. Short term therapeutic groups and an annual programme of workshops are an integral part of service provision.
Please note: Applicants should have evidence of significant post formal qualification experience.
Successful candidates must currently hold BACP accreditation or demonstrate achievement of an equivalent professional accreditation. The BACP accreditation requirements can be found at https://www.bacp.co.uk/membership/accredited-membership/
The UCS adheres to the BACP Ethical framework 2018 and our counsellors are required to work to the framework standards.
- Availability to work on all of the University of Nottingham UK campuses.
- Undertake counselling consultations to assess risk and negotiate appropriate intervention and support.
- Offer in-person and remote counselling – mainly short term – to students and staff studying and working at the University of Nottingham.
- To work within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (2018).
- To contribute to the delivery of the Groups and Workshops programme of the service and also deliver training to allied support/university staff as required.
- To contribute fully to service development, working as part of a team and coordinating aspects of service delivery.
- To fulfil the administrative and record-keeping requirements of the service
Interviews for these posts will take place on Monday 25 April 2022.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Davina Malcolm, email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)