Counsellor/Psychotherapist Required: Remote/West London
Sakoon Islamic Counselling
The applicant will provide counselling sessions initially with adults through face to face, telephone or Skype for clients with mental health problems and will be expected to undertake a range of duties including.
- To provide appropriate clinical therapeutic interventions for own case-load and maintain associated records
- To utilise knowledge of counselling frameworks and application of theories based on degree, post graduate training and experience.
- Posses friendly, approachable and professional manner
- To abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2010) when working within Sakoon Counselling Service.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of Sakoon Counselling service
- To have insurance in place
- To have a enhanced DBS check or one will need to be obtained
- To ensure all client case notes, assessments and any other documentation are completed in accordance with the policies and procedures of Sakoon Counselling Service.
- To attend independent CPD opportunities to enhance personal and professional development.
- Demonstrate understanding of confidentiality and ethical boundaries as defined by the BACP.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible, energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated.
- Be open to change and new challenges, adaptable, flexible in approach and working hours; prepared to explore new ways of working.
- Have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel