2 x Counsellors Required: Berkley Vale, Gloucestershire
GP surgeries based in the Berkley Vale Primary Care Network and community settings;
Salary: £23,597- £26,434 pro rata
Hours Per Week: 2 posts of 15 hours per week
Fixed contract to 31 st March 2023 – annual renewal subject to funding
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 11 th May.
Interview date: Wednesday 18 th May
The LIFT Project is an innovative mental health partnership between GL11 community Hub and local GP surgeries. It provides tailored support in a community setting for patient needs including anxiety and depression, grief, loneliness and life issues as part of an individuals’ ongoing journey to develop resilience and build social networks.
We are seeking 2 qualified counsellors to begin work as soon as possible to provide short- term counselling in our positive, accessible and welcoming environment.
We are looking to train those appointed to enable them to carry out our surgery mental health assessments of clients referred by the GPs, leading to an increment in salary..Comprehensive training, support and supervision is included, attendance on Thursday pm is required. Staff benefits include 7 weeks paid holiday per year.
Under the direction and management of the GL11 Clinical Director, to carry a client caseload work in accord with GL11 and LIFT policies and approach.
Responsibilities and Duties
The list below describes the main responsibilities and duties of the role but is not a finite
list. You will be required to carry out any other duties commensurate with this post;
1. Main Duties of the role
- To effectively manage and prioritise a counselling caseload of allocated clients, maintain accurate service records on support provided and client progress, with full regard to safeguarding and data protection requirements;
- To undertake regular supervision with the LIFT Supervisor, covering client work, assessments and clinical management and attend the regular LIFT team training sessions;;
- To provide mentoring and clinical support to the LIFT volunteer counselling team;
- As directed, to provide data and relevant case studies, and regular reports on activities to the Clinical Director as required for funders, including evidence of the outcomes and impact of casework;
- To work at all times in ways which respect, enable and empower individuals to make informed choices in their lives;
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post.
- In-house training will be provided to enable the successful applicants to carry out client initial and mental health assessments in GP surgeries based in the Berkley Vale Primary Care Network and community settings;
- The salary will increase to £24,956 to £27,270 pro rata on commencement of these duties.
2. Values, Behaviours & Competencies
‘Be a friend and welcome all Have fun Act as if it’s possible
Be kind Know your stuff’
- Commitment to the purpose of GL11 and its strength-based ethos, ensuring that residents are at the heart of GL11’s services and development;
- Commitment to fostering innovation and continuous improvement in working practice;
- Respect for professional boundaries and ability to follow policies while acting in a kind and thoughtful way;
- Be flexible and open to new challenges, ideas, and experiences, and able to be personally and professionally self-reflective;
- Commitment to understanding diversity and ensuring anti-discriminatory practice is applied in all forms of our work;
- Work collaboratively as a team player, building positive relationships with internal and external colleagues and partners;
- Be non-judgemental with a commitment to self-care within the team and wider organisation.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)