Counsellor Required: Brighton & Hove, East Sussex
Closing Date: 02/02/2021
The Martlets Hospice
Location: Brighton and Hove
Salary: £33,812 – £40,319
Interview Date: 12/02/2021
Contracted Hours: 19.5 hours
Vacancy Type: Permanent/Part Time
19.5 hours per week: Tuesday 9:00 – 13:30, Thursday & Friday 9:00 – 17:00 (non negotiable)
Salary dependent on experience between £33,812 to £40.319 per annum (FTE)
An exciting opportunity to join the Martlets Hospice Counselling and Bereavement Service has arisen.
We are developing and expanding our services and are looking for an experienced counsellor to join the team. The counsellor needs to have proven experience of working within palliative, end of life and bereavement care with adults, families and children.
Main duties will include:
- To provide a counselling service to patients and their families before death and those close to them following a death in their bereavement.
- This post is part of the patient and family support team which provides emotional, social, spiritual and psychological support to those connected to the hospice and in the community.
- To provide supervision to volunteer visitors and counsellors.
- To provide training in psychological support, palliative and EOL care and bereavement to the volunteer team and the wider Hospice team.
Key Skills required:
- Demonstrates high quality interpersonal communication skills individually and in groups
- Is able to analyse complex interpersonal situations and share insights in order to influence the wider MD hospice team
- Able to apply a variety of counselling models appropriate to patients and families with complex needs
- Is able to contribute a psychological perspective in the broader MDT
- Works effectively within a team, offers contributions and insights to patient care. Offers support to colleagues in relation to the complex nature of this work
- Ability to be able to offer mentoring/supervision
- Competency in working within a recognised theoretical framework
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
In addition to the above salary, we also offer a range of company benefits. You can download a copy of Martlets Benefits Statement by clicking here.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail with Jane Cato, Counselling and Bereavement Services Manager, please contact the People Services Advisory Team to arrange this on 01273 021 548