Counsellor Required: Crowthorne, Berkshire
- Job Ref: EM567703CroC
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Salary: Competitive Salary Per Annum
- Posted Date: Friday, June 17, 2022
- Closing Date: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Wellington College is one of the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools located in rural Berkshire in a stunning 400 acre campus with an enviable reputation for excellence and innovation.
Our Pastoral Department are currently looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dedicated Counsellor to join the team on a part time, permanent basis. 24 hours per week for 33 weeks per year.
As well as an attractive salary and an excellent opportunity to further develop, our staff benefits* a contributory pension scheme, enhanced maternity / paternity schemes, a generous health scheme including an Employee Assistance Programme and access to a health cash plan, a cycle to work scheme, discounted staff membership to the Fitness Club, a free lunch whilst on duty and free parking.
*Staff benefits are based on a full-time role and will be available / pro-rated as applicable
Dedication, hard work and passion will see you go far at Wellington College, we value and support our staff and you’ll have the chance to develop existing and gain new skills with career progression opportunities avaiable.
About the role:
To offer counselling to students at Wellington College, maintaining appropriate records, and working as a part of the counselling team, liaising with other professionals as appropriate.
Key responsibilities: (Please refer to the full job description for qualification and experience requirements.)
- To provide a confidential counselling service to students and maintain appropriate secure records
- To meet regularly with the Clinical Manager of the Counselling Service and half termly with the whole counselling team
- To liaise where appropriate with members of staff and/or parents, and make appropriate onward referrals when needed.
- To maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness of changes and developments in the field of counselling and education and demonstrate a commitment to relevant CPD.
- To engage in regular clinical supervision as per registering body guidelines.
- To contribute in any other reasonable way to promoting student safety and wellbeing.
- To keep statistics on the use of the counselling service, including those drawn from the use of agreed outcome measures.
- To contribute to the organisation and delivery of the annual school counsellors’ conference.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)