Counsellor Required: Glasgow, Scotland
- Closing 5th October 2020
- Full time
“GEAAP” Glasgow East Alcohol Awareness Project, is a nationally award-winning community alcohol project based in the North East of Glasgow. We have been offering a free to access, Alcohol counselling and prevention service in the East of Glasgow since 1991. Our aim is to reduce the harm associated with the use and misuse of alcohol. We are seeking to employ a full time full time Counsellor to join our team working in Easterhouse Glasgow. The post is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and Glasgow City Council’s Community Fund.
- To provide an individual, couple and family counselling service to individuals and families affected by alcohol.
- Provide appointments during the day in a variety of settings appropriate to the service user i.e. GEAAP and other voluntary services.
- To co-ordinate the activities of voluntary counselling staff in order to compliment the families service and ensure a good quality service to its clients.
- To work collaboratively with other agencies as appropriate in relation to individual clients and families, attending reviews and case conferences as required and when practical.
- To liaise with local agencies and services to promote the counselling service, with the aim of generating referrals and developing good working relationships.
- To maintain confidential case notes and other records in accordance with G.E.A.A.P’s guidelines and policy.
- To answer telephone and written enquiries and provide information and advice in accordance with G.E.A.A.P’s policy and guidelines.
- To contribute to the continued growth and development of clients by providing signposting information to other relevant services.
- To collect statistical, monitoring and evaluation information such as case studies and client reviews to ensure quality of service and for use in monitoring and evaluation reports.
- To participate in supervision and maintain professional standards through training and ongoing development.
- To work fully as a member of the G.E.A.A.P. team, and to contribute to its continued development.
- To participate in any other reasonable relevant tasks after due consultation and agreement.