Counsellor Required: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Connect Health Services
Job reference: REQ000608
Application closing date: 11/11/2021
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £27,000 – £38,000
Full Time or Part Time up to 37.5 hours per week
£27,000 – £38,000 per annum (pro-rata) plus 5% HCLA
Hertfordshire (Hemel Hempstead, St. Albans, Stevenage, Herford)
About the role
We are excited to be recruiting further counsellor roles due to the expansion of our counselling for depression service here at Connect Health within our IAPT counselling service based in Hertfordshire.
For over 30 years, we at Connect Health have been proud of our approach to patient care and positive patient outcomes. We are internationally recognised as an agent of change; driving innovation and transformation in collaboration with other NHS provider organisations, that benefits our 3 stakeholders; patients, staff, and commissioners.
Originally a Musculoskeletal service provider operating out of the North East of England, the business has grown to become a medium sized enterprise providing a range of Community-based services to the NHS to include the delivery of mental health services. We are continually evolving our proposition to patient care and want to further expand our highly skilled multi-disciplinary team. And we are now looking for new colleagues to be part of our next chapter in expanding our quality driven focus on patient care.
As a Counsellor in our IAPT service for Hertfordshire, this is an opportunity for you to be at the heart of continuing to bring that evolution to life. We are seeking someone who is passionate and has the purpose to make a massive difference to people’s lives, at pace and in an environment where 90% of our colleagues say that Connect Health is a great place to work.
You will be playing a key role in the Hertfordshire Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Counselling Service framework, providing IAPT compliant counselling at step 3 of the stepped care model.
Working as an autonomous practitioner, the Counsellor will assess clients for suitability for Counselling / therapy, formulate, implement and evaluate therapy programmes for clients, and work closely with other wider teams and colleagues ensuring appropriate step-up and step-down arrangements are in place to maintain a stepped care approach.
The role will primarily involve working within the remit of the accredited Counselling for Depression (CfD) training. You will receive clinical supervision in line with the IAPT manual guidelines, and will be supported every step of the way with support and guidance from your line manager and colleagues.
We’re keen to innovate, especially when it comes to enhancing patient outcomes, so you’ll be aware of, and keep up to date with advances in the spheres of psychological therapies and contribute to the development of best practice within the service.
Above all you will be a passionate clinician, committed to driving the IAPT provision within our communities, and taking pride in making a difference to people’s lives.
Who we’re looking for
- Qualified to Degree, MSc, MA, or Diploma level in Counselling.
- Successfully completed or willing and eligible to work towards qualification in the IAPT compliant modality Counselling for Depression (CfD) course.
- BACP/UKCP accredited.
- Significant counselling experience post qualification, either in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- Experience of effectively delivering time limited counselling.
- Experience of providing a counselling intervention within primary care or IAPT setting.
- Experience of carrying out assessments of client support needs, including risk assessments.
- Commitment to and experience of working with multi-agency partnerships.
- Experience of working with people who have experienced a common mental health problem.
- Experience of case management.
- Experience of delivering counselling over the phone and / or via video conferencing mechanisms.
- Qualification in the IAPT compliant modality Counselling for Depression (CfD).
- Qualification in another IAPT compliant counselling modality.
- Psychology or other health related undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- Worked in a service where agreed targets were in place demonstrating clinical outcomes.
- Evidence of working in the local community.
- Experience of developing and delivering therapeutic group work.
- Experience of using electronic case management systems such as IAPTus.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)