Counsellor Required: Kent & Medway Remote or Agile Working
This is an excellent opportunity to join our organisation and make a real difference to the local communities we serve.
As a valued member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will be encouraged to be an autonomous practitioner, whilst operating within a supportive framework which includes regular high-quality supervision and support from your line manager and our clinical lead.
As an accredited counsellor, you will use your skills and expertise to deliver counselling to our clients across a range of issues including low mood, depression, and anxiety. Your recovery and outcome rates will reflect your ability to build a successful therapeutic relationship with our clients and go the extra mile to achieve the right outcomes for them.
If you would enjoy working in an IAPT service as part of a team that supports you to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients, we would love to hear from you.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Hold a Diploma or degree in Counselling from a recognised course which would meet the requirements for BACP (or equivalent) accreditation.
- Accredited by at least one of the following bodies: BACP (must be accredited, membership is not sufficient), NCS (must be accredited, membership is not sufficient), UKCP or IPT UK.
- Possess one of the following NICE compliant qualifications: Counselling for Depression, Couple Therapy for Depression or Interpersonal Psychotherapy (must also be registered with IPT UK)
- Experience of working within a primary care mental health service.
- Evidence of working with people who have experienced common mental health problems i.e. anxiety / depression.
- Good record of Continuing Professional Development and willingness to continue this.
- Knowledge of IAPT and stepped care model.
What we offer in return
We are proud to have been recognised and certified as a Great Place to Work, which speaks volumes on how much we value our staff members. In return for the hard work and dedication from our teams, we offer the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 32 days at 5 years’ service) and the option to purchase or sell day
- Enhanced pension
- Wagestream – ability to release earnings, giving you instant access to your pay
- Refer a Friend payment
- Cycle to work & enhanced car schemes
- Vitality Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistant Programme, GP and priority physiotherapy access and shopping discounts with the opportunity to sign up for a Blue Light Card
- Free Will Writing and Confidential Financial Advice
- Fully funded flu vaccines
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme for home appliances, tablets, mobiles, TV’s, fitness trackers and more
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance including agile working and the option to apply for flexible working from day one, career breaks, and up to a week’s special leave a year to help you manage unexpected life events
- Various colleague networks including neurodiversity, LGBTQ+ and BAME
- Bi-monthly values awards, where winners receive gift vouchers and a tree planted in their honor
- Ongoing CPD – Through our brand new ‘Elevate’ programme, we work with experts from across the country to bring high-quality
- CPD to our teams, to help further their skills and knowledge and improve the support we provide
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Volunteer programme
- Enhanced life assurance scheme, payment being three times your annual salary