Counsellor Required: London Borough of Hillingdon
ACS International Schools
ACS International Schools is looking for a Counsellor to join the team at ACS Hillingdon. The role involves developing and delivering a programme of personal, social and health education, supporting individual students and improving understanding of wellbeing issues within our school community.
• Provide class guidance lessons as required
• Oversee the development and organization of the advisory PSHE education programme in line with ISI and ACS requirements
• Review applications and schedule new students throughout the year, liaising with Principal, Assistant Principal and Admissions Department, parents and students.
• Assist with new student/welcome orientation program
• Be knowledgeable of master schedule and maintain balance in class sizes
• Assist with reviewing quarterly and semester student reports and academic updates in collaboration with the Principal.
• Counsel students with learning, physical, social, and emotional concerns through conferences held with students on the basis of teacher, parent, principal, or student self-referral
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• MA & certification in school Counselling preferred
• BA degree, preferably in Educational Leadership
• Teaching certification issued from an accredited agency (desirable but not essential)
• In-depth knowledge of adolescent issues and current information sources
• Instructional expertise bridging all grade levels
• Family and student counselling experience
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Ability to work in teams in a variety of circumstances