Counsellor Required: London/Home-Based
Missing People Services
(Part time. 7-10 hours per week to include 14:00 – 17:30pm Wednesdays. Remaining hours to be worked evenings Monday to Friday, or at weekends.)
£30,000 p.a. pro rata. Permanent.
Home-based with regular attendance at our offices in Southwest London
This is an exciting and challenging role at Missing People. Our unique national service offers counselling to children and adults whose loved one is missing, or who have experience of being missing themselves. We help a wide range of children and adults effected by missing, including those with complex lives and high support needs, following a trauma-informed approach. Our client group is diverse and can include people with mental health diagnoses, drug and alcohol dependencies, at risk of suicide, or impacted by criminal exploitation and gang involvement
You will need to be a resilient, skilled counsellor with experience of supporting vulnerable clients aged 12+, and able to work remotely. Importantly, you will be a compassionate person, committed to working collaboratively with clients to deliver time-limited counselling as part of a multi-disciplinary response to their missing experience. Counselling is offered by telephone or video calling. Specialist training and clinical supervision will be provided to support counsellors to work with the particular needs of our client group.
- Provide a flexible counselling and support service to a caseload of children and adults through phone or video calls, and other channels (text, email).
- Maintain accurate and timely client case notes to accurately record one-to-one contact data using our database
- Adherence to confidentiality, safeguarding and data protection procedures.
- Develop action plans with clients, to help them address emotional and practical needs, and support clients to engage with the service
- Maintain good working relationships with other internal and external support services around the client
- Monitor individual client’s progress through the outcomes monitoring framework.
You will need:
- Experience of time-limited therapeutic work, counselling vulnerable children and adults clients in organisational settings by phone or video calling
- Caseload management, with experience of undertaking initial counselling assessments
- Track record in helping clients experiencing high levels of distress and/or leading complex lives to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Use of outcomes monitoring frameworks, such as CORE, Outcomes Star, or similar
- Able to build trusting relationships and rapport with clients, and interact and engage effectively with other teams and with external agencies.
- Managing confidentiality in an organisational setting, working to organisational policies and procedures
- BACP, UKCP, BPC or HCPC registered
About Missing People
Somebody goes missing in the UK every 90 seconds. Missing People exists to ease the heartache experienced by those missing someone, and to help people who are away from home find their way back to safety. Our vision is for every missing child, adult and family left behind to find help, hope and a safe way to reconnect. We are a non-judgemental, highly skilled team of staff and volunteers working for everyone who needs us. We provide free, confidential support, help and advice by phone, email, text and live chat. We coordinate a UK-wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search for the estimated 170,000 people who go missing each year. Missing People aims to put people with lived experience at the heart of our work, amplifying their voices to achieve change. Working for Missing People means living our values. It’s a place where people are encouraged to ‘let fly’ so you can ‘make things happen’. We know you’re more than just a job title, and ‘be human’ is an important value here. Missing People is an independent charity that relies on donations.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)