Counsellor Required (Multi-Ethnic Service): Essex
Closing Date: Monday 21st September 2020 at 12 midday
Contract: 6 months fixed term
Interview Date: Thursday 24th September 2020
Hours: 37 ½ hours per week
Annual Leave: 30 days (Inclusive of bank holidays – pro rata)
- A minimum of two years post graduate experience
- Experience in providing telephone and/or digital counselling
- Experience in dealing with culture related issues
- Ability to undertake client assessments either by telephone or face to face
- Ability to manage own caseload and time Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
Thurrock & Brentwood Mind’s Multi Ethnic Counselling Services (MECS) offers a culturally sensitive counselling service tailored to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
In response to the disproportionate impact of Coronavirus on BAME Communities we are increasing our telephone counselling provision to enable people to address their fears, anxieties and grief in a safe environment during this pandemic
- Client Responsibility
- To participate in the referral procedure, including the assessment of the referrals.
- To undertake telephone counselling
- To maintain client files in accordance to the Organisation’s confidentiality policy.
- To liaise with other professionals as far as it is in the interests of the client.
- Organisation and Team
- To continue to build up good links between Thurrock & Brentwood Mind and other agencies, both voluntary and statutory.
- Promote understanding of cultural issues and contribute to ensuring culturally appropriate service delivery
- To promote the accessibility of the service to all sections of the community, actively promoting Thurrock & Brentwood Mind’s Equality and Diversity policy in all aspects of the work.
- Promote understanding of the services provided, increase uptake and improve equality of access from the community groups
- To participate in the delivery of training when appropriate.
- To comply with all the Organisation’s policies.
- To undertake internal administration procedures including receipt of referrals, written case records, letters, reviews and reports.
- To collect and enter data and maintain statistical information.
- To give accurate and relevant information about the service to professionals, potential clients and the general public.
- To perform all such other administrative tasks, including out of hours, as specified by the Counselling & Groupwork Manager.
- To keep records for the purpose of monitoring and evaluation and to contribute to the maintenance of Thurrock & Brentwood Mind’s quality assurance system.
- To undertake any other duties necessary to ensure the effective operation of the counselling and group work service.