Counsellor Required (NHS): Merton, South-West London
Site: Borough of Merton
Salary£38,890 – £44,503 pa plus HCAS
Salary period: Yearly
Grade: NHS AfC:
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Job ref: 294-COMM-3068201-JE
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Counsellor to join our committed and hard working team of clinicians to provide Person Centred Experiential Counselling for Depression (PCE-CfD) to people presenting with depression. You will attend and complete PCE-CfD training which will be funded by the provider if you do not already have this qualification. You will provide high quality assessment and therapy on an individual basis. You may also be involved in the clinical supervision of Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and there will be opportunities to develop particular areas of interest such as working with long term health conditions, working with clients with learning disabilities, working with perinatal clients etc.
You will work clinically within primary care settings and be required to work flexible hours in line with the ‘Improving Access’ agenda. The service operates from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9 to 1pm on Saturdays and the postholder will be required to work at least one evening per week including occasional Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. Working hours can be negotiated and many of our clinicians prefer to work condensed hours to allow for a better work/life balance.
High quality supervision and CPD are a priority for the team. You will receive regular weekly individual clinical supervision. You will also have the opportunity to attend monthly Step 3 team clinical training sessions as well as other regular training workshops facilitated by lead clinicians from across the Trust and elsewhere. Many of our IAPT clinicians in the Trust have also received funding to train in further modalities of interest to them e.g. EMDR, DIT, BCT.
About the location:
The Merton Uplift team work across a number of sites in Merton with bases at the Cricket Green Medical Centre in Mitcham and the Wilson Hospital in Mitcham.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking – You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.