Counsellor Required (NHS Trust): Manchester
Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Part time – 30 hours per week
- Clinical Support&Specialist Surgery
- £32,306 – £39,027 per annum, pro rata
- 23/01/2022 23:59
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide specialist assessments and counselling interventions to patients. This is mainly one-to-one working with out-patients but may include working with in-patients at the bedside and working with couples and groups.
Counselling sessions may be delivered face-to-face, by online video and by telephone. The post-holder carries their own caseload and works autonomously within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and Trust policies and procedures.
The post is based on the main Wilmslow Road site and may include some working from home.
Working for our organisation
The post-holder will also provide education and clinical supervision to other healthcare professionals within the Trust and contribute to the development of the service. You will join a multidisciplinary team comprising psychiatrists, mental health nurses, clinical psychologist and admin staff.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be an accredited counsellor / psychotherapist with a minimum of 3years post-qualification experience.
You will have clinical experience working with people affected by cancer in an oncology or physical health setting. You will be able to demonstrate experience of psychological assessment, including risk and the formulation and delivery of treatment plans. You will be able to use a range of therapeutic approaches in the provision of time-limited therapy for our patients.
- Post-graduate diploma / degree in counselling as recognised by BACP
- Accreditation with BACP / UKCP
- Additional brief therapy qualification e.g. CBT, trauma
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification clinical experience
- Experience of working in an oncology / physical health setting
- Experience of psychological assessment, including risk and the formulation and delivery of treatment plans
- Experience of providing time-limited therapy using a range of therapeutic approaches
- Provision of psycho-sexual therapy
- Provision of trauma-focused therapy
- Working with groups
- Participation in audit and research
- Experience of delivering teaching / training
- Experience of providing supervision / mentorship to volunteers
- Experience of service development
- Excellent communication skills with patients and colleagues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to prioritise effectively and organise and manage own workload
- Ability to work flexibly in response to patient needs
- Interest and/or skills in specialist areas relevant to cancer / palliative care
- Ability to support oneself and colleagues working in a highly emotive and challenging clinical context
- Good teaching and presentation skills
- Ability to work with an interpreter to deliver psychological therapies
- Understanding of common psychiatric disorders
- Understanding of the principles of audit and research
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Ability to demonstrate the organisational values and behaviours
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)