Counsellor Required: Wrexham, North Wales
Closing Date: 11/12/2020
Salary: £5,832.25 per annum
Location: Priory College North Wales, Ty Dewi Sant, Rhosddu Road, Wrexham LL11 0ZX
Priory Group Division: Education & Children’s Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent – Part Time
Hours: 10 hours per week, term time only
Priory College North Wales are looking for a qualified counsellor to provide a professional and confidential counselling service to our students.
The College Counsellor will work closely with our Speech and Language Therapist and management team and will be an efficient practitioner in the use of counselling skills.
Duties will include:
- Providing counselling to students after conducting appropriate assessments
- Where required, conduct risk assessments and prioritise caseload
- Provide reports to management regarding student concerns where appropriate
- Maintain accurate data monitoring records and case notes for all students within your caseload, and submit a termly report to management.
This is a term time position and a certain degree of flexibility is essential as hours are based around the learner’s timetables.
It would be preferable if applicants had previous experience of working with students with special educational needs and Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
Staff may be required to work outside term time if training is required.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory College North Wales is a specialist further education college for learners aged 16-25 with Autistic Spectrum Condition and a range of associated conditions. We offer bespoke tailored programmes for students including therapies. Priory College North Wales also works in partnership with Coleg Cambria to deliver mainstream education with tailored support in education, independence and communication skills.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.