Counsellor/Therapist Required: Hybrid/Nottingham, Notts.
Person Centred Counsellors
– 30 hrs per week
– Registered £32,020 or Accredited £32,909 pro-rata
Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Services is the leading specialist sexual abuse charity, for over 40 years we have been passionately committed to supporting all adults living in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire, who have experienced sexual abuse, we listen, believe and support. We offer a single point of contact for survivors of sexual violence of any kind whether the abuse took place in childhood or adult life. We provide free services including counselling, group therapy, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA) services, telephone helpline, online and face to face services.
Our services are created in partnership with local commission groups and co-designed with survivors, so that we support in ways that are safe and easy to access. We understand the needs of different survivors including age, gender, or whether a person is BAME or LGBT+. We have a wide range of support options and can refer into other services as needed.
Why work for us
We are a well-respected, professional organisation that seeks continuous improvement. You will work alongside a supportive team.
We are looking for experienced and dynamic Counsellors, to increase the number of qualified counsellors available to deliver dedicated and specialised therapeutic support via face to face, online and telephone support . We work in a person centred, CBT and EMDR way offering short and long term counselling in order to empower, heal and recover from the trauma of sexual violence.
Current hybrid remote working from home and in the office providing face to face, online and telephone counselling. This post is based in the City (with possible travel to outreach locations across Nottinghamshire).
NJC Scale Point:
SCP 25 – £ 32,020 (pro-rata) – registered counsellor
SCP 26 – £32,909 (pro-rata) – accredited counsellor
- 22 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (entitlement increases with the length of service)
- Sick Leave entitlement (increases with the length of service)
- Birthday Leave
- Childcare/Dependant’s Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Employees Assistance Programme
- Professional Training and Development
- End of year gift
- Annual Team Building day
Hours of work
30 hours per week in 5 shifts, Monday – Saturday (will include an evening)
To deliver a high-quality counselling service to survivors of sexual violence (aged 18+) which is safe, ethical and effective and supports key outcomes.
- Managing a caseload of clients and providing short- long term counselling sessions
- To undertake rigorous clinical assessments and identify and action needs/risks and safeguarding matters appropriately and in a timely manner
- To formulate, plan and monitor effective support plans with clients
- Liaise effectively with key personnel and colleagues to contribute to the safe and productive day to day running of the counselling service
Essential experience, qualifications, and skills:
- Degree in Counselling
- BACP/UKCP accredited or registered
- Experience of conducting Risk Assessments
- Have in-depth knowledge of issues affecting people who have experienced sexual violence, both recent and non-recent
- Experience of delivering a wide range of therapeutic approaches to mental health problems and experience of routine outcome monitoring & ability to meet agreed specified service targets.
- Excellent IT and interpersonal skills
Notts SVSS recognises the positive value of diversity within its workforce and welcomes job applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics. We particularly welcome applicants from Black and racially minoritised, disabled, LGBT+ and those with additional language skills, including British Sign Language to reflect those of the sexual violence and abuse survivors we work with.
This post is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check.
Ideally applicants must have a valid Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Level 3 Certificate prior to starting this role.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon Monday 20th March 2023
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 28th March 2023