EAP Telephone Counsellor Required: Remote Work or Oxford
Optum is a global leader in Employee Assistance Programmes and Well Being Services. Owned by UnitedHealth Group and operating in over 140 countries across the globe, Optum is recognised as a market leader and has an extensive portfolio of blue-chip and Fortune 500 clients.
Based in the Oxford office or working remotely from the UK, we have an opening for a fully qualified and accredited Telephone Counsellor.
Optum Telephone Counsellors are responsible for responding to calls requiring immediate clinical consultation and assessments, or crisis intervention; determining level of risk of caller and assessing the most appropriate support.
- Carry out telephone assessment of callers, provide one off support calls, and refer to other services as appropriate
- Respond to all calls to ensure appropriate response offered where client or corporate risk is identified
- Carry out assessment of risk and linking to appropriate levels of care
- Respond quickly and effectively to clients who need management consultation, urgent or non-urgent clinical consultation, risk assessment or telephonic counselling
- Provide immediate consultation to all calls from client organisation managers or other client or representative
- Record brief clinical notes, use work queues and call diaries using Optum systems and email
- Work with all Service Centre teams to provide an effective and seamless service to callers and clients
- Participate in all group supervision as required
- Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as required
Work Schedule: Flexible scheduling in an extended hours operation. Shift working is required.
22.5 hours per week.
- Relevant counselling qualifications
- UKCP/BACP accreditation
- Ability to adapt to working with multiple new platforms
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.