Families Counsellor Required: East Knoyle, Wiltshire.
The Forward Trust
- Job ID: 2022-1761
Position Type: Indefinite Part-Time
Min: GBP £12,000.00/Yr.
- Max: GBP £12,000.00/Yr.
The Families Counsellor role is part of the Clouds House Counselling Team which delivers the intensive, structured treatment programme to all clients admitted to Clouds House. The role of Families Counsellor requires knowledge and understanding of supporting family members and significant others of those currently within the residential treatment setting. It requires good understanding of the impact of addiction on families and an ability to work both in individual sessions and within a group setting. The Families Counsellor will be an important part of the therapeutic team who will provide familial context and a systemic perspective to the team in order to support both the client in treatment and their families and significant others with the process of recovery from addiction. The Families Counsellor will be responsible for ensuring that safeguarding concerns are acted upon promptly and sensitively and will support the Clouds House team in ensuring that regulatory compliance is achieved. They will need to model firm and clear boundaries with both clients and staff and have clear communication in order to support the inter-professional team at Clouds House.
The role will be part time, including some Sundays, for 17.5 hours per week, 9am – 5pm. Sunday visitors day is a key day for family contact and facilitated family work at Clouds House and the families counsellor plays a significant part in both supporting and educating clients and their families on addiction and recovery within the family on this day.
What we are looking for?
- Experience of facilitating support groups with family members
- Experience of working in a residential treatment setting
- Knowledge of addiction and its impact on family members
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Ability to learn new systems including to input onto electronic record management systems
- Experience of working with at times distressed individuals, listen to their needs and communicate respectfully and clearly
- Knowledge and understanding of 12 step philosophy
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working in a regulated health and/or social care environment
- Experience of thinking creatively with the team to create meaningful outcomes for clients and family members
What we offer
Alongside Simply Health coverage, and a contributory pension scheme to assist employees with their general health and well-being. We offer:
- Training opportunities and career development
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)