Family Counsellor Required: Halifax, West Yorkshire
£27,000 – £32,000 Pro rata
Salary for this Family Counselling role is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. We would require an ideal Counsellor who has a degree in Counselling however experience of Systemic work would be very desirable.
Our specialist SEND team work with a variety of settings and cater for students across all key stages. We are currently looking for a Family Counsellor who has the experience and passion to work with vulnerable young students and families.
The ideal Family counsellor will be able to work successfully with complex situations and have a positive approach to be able to make a difference and guide Families and Learners into the right direction. This is a full-time role to commence in January however we can consider an immediate start for the right Family Counsellor – SEMH School setting. You must have experience working with young learners with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
Requirements for this Family Counsellor – SEMH School setting role:
- Have experience of working in a similar environment within the past 2 years (Vision need to be able to obtain relevant references)
- Counselling degree
- Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.