Health & Wellbeing Counsellor Required: North Yorkshire
Closing Date: 3 November 2021.
Part time 29 hours per week – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday covering all of North Yorkshire but predominantly in both the Thirsk and York areas.
Scale PO 6-9 £38,376- £41,718
Enable NY was created to deliver the provision of business support services for North Yorkshire Police (NYP), North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Services (NYFRS) and the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner (OPFCC).
We are seeking to recruit a Health and Wellbeing Counsellor to be responsible for providing support to the Health and Wellbeing services delivered within OPFCC, NYP and NYFRS. The role involves close liaison across the People Services Business areas and other enable support services to ensure the delivery of an efficient health and wellbeing service.
You will be the key contact for the service and will contribute to the development and the delivery of the wellbeing service and participate in the evaluation and measurement of the impact on improving the wellbeing of the workforces and the resulting value added to front line services.
As Health & Wellbeing Counsellor you will be responsible for:
- Engage in the delivery of proactive programmes, working collaboratively with colleagues and managers to explore options and develop proactive solutions where employees wellbeing is compromised and enhance the wellbeing of employees in NYP, NYFRS and the OFPCC.
- Provide a professional and confidential support and counselling service to individuals within the organisation.
- Provide support and management information to assist with future planning of the service and assessment of the impact of staff care provision.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships and partnerships to support the achievement of objectives, particularly in relation to the support and monitoring of absence cases due to psychological ill health
- Promotion and enhancement of the concept of staff counselling and wellbeing, helping to raise awareness of the role and its function to employees in all organisations.
- Liaise with the wider People Services teams regarding general staff care issues, training needs, policy and practice, without any breach of confidentiality or compromise to the nature of this post.
- Complete statistical information of activities, to identify any organisational issues or wellbeing trends within the workforce, ensuring these are communicated appropriately and assist in the development of initiatives to combat these.
To be successful in this role, you must have a recognised training in either counselling or psychotherapy to at least Diploma level and have a registration with UKCP, BACP as well as significant and varied post qualifying experience, including trauma work.
You should be accredited to one of these governing bodies or be willing to work towards this and a qualification in trauma therapy, such as EMDR or trauma focussed CBT and experience of providing psychological support in an organisational setting would be an advantage.
You will have the ability to communicate and deliver relevant wellbeing interventions at all levels with excellent organisational skills to enable you to manage a demanding caseload and effectively cope with the pressures of providing psychological counselling support as well as written reports across all organisations.
Working for us – what we can offer you
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire established enableNY in April 2019, as the vehicle to transform police and fire collaboration in serving the public of North Yorkshire.
enableNY encompasses the provision of financial, people, estates, technology, business design and assurance services to support North Yorkshire Police (NYP), North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Services (NYFRS) and the Office of the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.
A career within enableNY will bring great pride and job satisfaction, through the services and support you will provide to two of North Yorkshire’s emergency services. You will make a real difference to the safety of everyone who works, travels, visits and lives in York and North Yorkshire. This role provides a great opportunity for you to build your skills, experience and credibility working for a forward thinking organisation.
You’ll receive a competitive salary and be entitled to a Local Government pension scheme, leave entitlements and other employee benefits. Unison is the recognised Trade union within enableNY and there are also a number of other Inclusion and Diversity support networks. You’ll also benefit from discounts on shopping and eating out as part of the Blue Light Card scheme.
Many roles within enableNY offer flexible working approaches, both with an agile approach to working location and being flexible in how you want to work your contracted hours, in order to support a healthy work life balance.
If you feel you have the background required for this role and want to work for a great organisation, please submit your CV and expression of interest before Wednesday 3 November 2021.