Homeless Counsellor Required: Caerphilly, Wales
- Applications Closing Date: 28 Jul 2021
- Salary: £27976
- Reference: 501982
- Work Type: Full time
- Locations: Caerphilly
- Division: Care & Support Division
- Categories: General: Support
We have a new and unique opportunity for a counsellor to join us in our exciting new venture in offering counselling to people experiencing homelessness and substance misuse issues in our Caerphilly support services!
This role will deliver person centred 1:1 and group counselling sessions to delve into the unique experiences of the people we support that have led them to substance misuse or being homeless.
You will be supported by a multiagency team, including Gwent Drug & Alcohol Service (GDAS), Gwent Specialist Substance Misuse Service (GSSMS) and Pobl’s housing support teams.
This is the first role of its kind in our homelessness services in Caerphilly, so if you would like the opportunity to make a difference to the people we support, then please read on.
This is 37 hours a week, temporary position for 12 months.
The role is predominantly Monday – Friday office hours but may require some evening or weekend work
We offer a holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays, sick pay, and excellent pension options
For this role you will need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle. You will also require an Enhanced DBS check, which we pay for.
Day to Day Duties:
As a Counsellor your day will consist of:
- Providing counselling and solution-focused support to individuals.
- Developing and running therapeutic one to one programme.
- Being aware of a range of prominent theoretical models of counselling appropriate for those experiencing homelessness, and being able to apply these in 1:1 and group counselling sessions
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience and competence of working therapeutically in the Homelessness, substance misuse or similar environment. For this role, you will need to have the appropriate counselling qualifications and have BACP membership (or be willing to work towards this). The post holder will be expected to engage in clinical supervision and continuous professional development relevant to the field (which will be funded by Pobl).
The ideal candidate will be:
- Confident and motivated
- Approachable and able to engage with a diverse client population
- Proactive and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Respectful and polite
- Compassionate and understanding
- Reliable and organised
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations and Gift Cards for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)