Hospice Counsellor Required: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Salary: £27,425 Full time Equivalent (£10,970 pro rata)
This is a permanent, part time vacancy that will close in 11 days at 23:59 GMT.
Rainbows is looking for a compassionate and dedicated Counsellor to join the team on a part time basis to cover 15 hours per week between Monday to Friday (working days/times to be agreed with successful candidate).
As the counsellor at Rainbows you will provide short-term anticipatory grief and bereavement counselling to family members of a baby, child or young person or young adult patients accessing Rainbows. You will provide a range of support in an individual, couple, family or group setting in line with best practice and professional framework.
You will have experience of working in a time limited counselling approach and experience of working with people experiencing loss and grief. You will have a good understanding of how grief impacts parents whose babies, children & young people have died.
You will need to demonstrate a broad variety of skills and competencies, including:
- BACP registered or have another relevant ethical body certificate/registration
- Level 4 Counselling Diploma or equivalent
- Significant post qualification experience
- Experience of working with people experiencing loss & grief
- Experience of working independently, without management supervision
- Knowledge of and commitment to the philosophy of palliative care & bereavement counselling
Desirable skills and experience;
- Experience of working in a palliative/end of life care setting
- Experience of working within diverse communities
- Experience of working with families that include someone with palliative care/complex care needs
- Free car parking at the Hospice and access to company vehicles
- Bupa healthcare cashback scheme
- Free access to Health Assured EAP service
- Wellbeing support and access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Generous annual leave plus bank holidays
- Established Training programme
- Subsidised freshly cooked meals whilst on shift in the Hospice
If you would like more information about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Bereavement Lead, or call 01509 638000.