Integrative Counsellor Required (Mind Charity): London
- Full-time, fixed-term contract (1 year)
- 37.5 hours per week (including two evenings a week)
- Hybrid based role, predominantly working remotely
- Competitive Salary: £45,597 per year (grade PO5 SP 47).
Are you a self-starter looking to join our exciting new Pilot service?
We are excited to be looking for an Integrative Counsellor who will provide therapeutic support to Teachers and Educational staff. You will join our high performing Psychological Therapies Team. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
About the Role
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, workplace inequalities facing educational staff have been magnified. This is partly due to this cohort having stayed in work throughout the crisis. These inequalities have implications for everything from personal finances to mental health and wellbeing.
As a result, a gap in support and service provision for 1:1 support to staff in Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea (RBKC) and Westminster schools and colleges has been identified. This new project will help to tackle this by placing a clear focus on education staff wellbeing and providing support to school staff within schools in Kensington and Chelsea.
This Service is based on integrative counselling, providing effective targeted clinical service to education staff based in schools in Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea that is responsive and flexible and helps school staff to feel properly supported. Its offer aligns closely with other Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health (EWMH) support available for education staff in RBKC e.g., Adult IAPT.
Fully supported and supervised by our Clinical Leadership Team, working alongside the Integrative Counsellor for Westminster schools, you will be empowered in your role to provide high quality, NICE recommended evidenced based interventions from a range of clinical modalities, such as person centred, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), psychoanalytical approaches.
You will conduct assessments for a wide range of therapies in the service, maintain high standards of record keeping and governance and manage risk and complexity while communicating effectively with range of people and services
- A qualified Integrative Counsellor with Enhanced DBS certificate.
- An experienced and motivated clinician ready to bring your skills and experience to provide outcomes for educational staff in their wellbeing.
- Able to manage a caseload of both individual and group CBT-based and integrative therapies.
- Able to deliver group sessions (online) with a psycho educational focus.
- Excited to provide consultation, training and coordinating support with the wider network of care across the borough.
- Highly skilled with expertise, knowledge, and experience in providing clinical support and interventions.
- Eager to make a difference, with great Interpersonal skills.
- Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster Mind have worked collaboratively for several years and are excited to increase impact by delivering improved service delivery across these Boroughs.
- This is a new, exciting opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team in Kensington, Chelsea, and Westminster Mind.
- As two of London’s leading community-based mental health charities, our goal is to support and empower anyone that may be experiencing a mental health problem.
- We are a supportive team that make it a priority to support the wellbeing of our staff. Over 50% of our staff have lived mental health experiences.
- We have an excellent track record of delivering high quality clinical services to a range of local communities across the boroughs we serve.
Why work for us?
- Competitive Salary: £45,597 (PO5 SP 47).
- Life-changing work.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Passionate and professional workforce.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- Flexi time.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 30 day annual leave plus Bank Holidays.