Kooth Online Counsellor Required: Home-Based
We are looking for home based Online Counsellors – Nationwide
A role with Kooth is an exciting chance to join the pioneers of digital mental health and wellbeing.
Kooth is an organisation that uses technology as a way to remove any barriers that could prevent someone accessing the help that they need. Through Kooth, users can go online and access effective therapies and wellbeing strategies to manage their mental health in a safe and anonymous way. This fills a vital gap in current mental health provision.
A job with us at Kooth offers you the chance to be part of a caring community that is at the forefront of digital mental health and wellbeing.
You will be helping to provide young people with access to immediate and often crucial support.
We have helped over 2 million young people and adults through our online support platforms, Kooth, for children and young people, and Qwell, for adults. Currently, we are working with over 100 Local Authorities, CCGs, mental health trusts, businesses and charities across the UK to ensure it’s easy and safe for all generations to access the best emotional and mental health services as and when they need.
What you’ll do –
You will be at the heart of what Kooth is doing. You will be:
- Providing text-based online counselling, support and advice to children and young people facing challenges, including suicidal feelings and engaging in risk taking behaviours.
- Assessing the risks and needs of each person you speak to – signposting, referring and managing your own caseloads.
- Providing short and mid term therapy to help with physical, emotional and mental health issues and distress.
- Providing longer term digital psychotherapy for those with complex mental health difficulties.
- Liaising with agencies and individuals who may be in contact with the young person (CAMHs, schools, social services, health authorities, parents/carers etc.).
- Performing all duties in line with relevant compliance, legal requirements and internal policies with particular reference to safeguarding.
You will also be embraced as part of a close-knit, positive and likeminded team who are committed to providing a valuable service in an online environment.
The types of people we would love to hear from
Willing to work alongside each other
- Warm, welcoming and companionable. Able to communicate effectively and empathetically with a diverse array of people in an online environment.
- No day or person is the same. What is important is you put young people in control and can be there for them to provide immediate support when they need it the most.
- Open-minded people that do not judge. You listen, counsel and support.
- No matter what support someone may need, you want to be there to help. You can remain positive, resilient and proactively work to provide effective support.
- You want to be a part of our safe space for users and are serious about safeguarding.
You are available for: A minimum of 20 hours per week comprising 4 or 6 hour shifts (or split shifts) per day – which are spread across days, evenings and weekends.
- A minimum of 33% of all working time must be between 8-10pm or Friday/Saturday evenings from 6pm.
Positions of up to 32 hours a week are available where willing to work further evenings up to 10pm and weekends.
- A relevant professional qualification and BACP, UKCP or equivalent. If not complete then due to complete this within 1 year of start date
- Accreditation-eligibility in counselling or psychotherapy at diploma level or above:
- BACP – A minimum of 450 clinical hours (post qualification)
- UKCP minimum of 4 years advanced clinical training and a minimum of 450 clinical hours
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of providing mental health support to young people 10-25yrs in face to face or digital settings.
- Experience of assessment, referral and providing effective short-term and long-term counselling/psychotherapy.
- Experience of providing effective engagement and immediate support to help young people through challenging experiences and develop skills to make positive changes in their lives.
- The ability to work remotely with a good broadband connection installed in your home/place of work alongside the competent and confident use of technology.
- This position is subject to a successful enhanced DBS check as part of recruitment procedures.
In return, you’ll receive
- £25,000 – £29,000 p/a pro-rata (dependant on experience).
- All the necessary equipment for you to comfortably work from home.
- A full training programme to get you started.
- Yearly professional training programmes structures around you.
- Pension contributions.
- Subsidised private medical insurance.
- Eligible for annual award of Long Term Incentive Plan (shares)
- Healthshield – Cash Plan
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
If this all sounds like you and you would be interested in joining the team, please submit your application via the ‘Applied’ platform here: Kooth Online Counsellor – Application Form