LGBT Specialist Counsellor/Therapist Required: East Sussex
£31,641 pro rata
Job Ref: LSCT082210
* This role requires that the worker openly identifies as LGBT
RISE is excited to be recruiting for this post to support LGBT survivors of domestic abuse.
The LGBT Counsellor is a new post that will sit within our established counselling service where you will have the support of a dedicated and experienced team and managers and will provide a dedicated trauma-informed service to LGBT survivors. We are looking for a counsellor or therapist with solid experience of working with trauma, ideally with a good understanding of domestic abuse however training will be provided for the right person.
This post open to LGBT applicants only as per the provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
RISE is committed to following Equality and Diversity and safer recruitment practices and we strive to be a disability-positive employer.
On appointment eligible staff will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and supply us with references.
Benefits that we can offer in return:
- 3% employer contribution pension
- Very generous holiday entitlement of 27 days’ annual leave rising to 29 after five years plus bank holidays
- Employee-assisted programme
- Focus on well-being and balancing flexible working alongside RISE’s priorities
- Committed to training and learning opportunities for continuous development
- Trauma Focussed wellbeing support