Macmillan Counsellor Required: Slough, Berkshire
Closing: 09/08/2020 23:59
Site: Wexham Park Hopsital
Salary: £32,933 – £39,681
Salary period: Yearly
Grade: Band 6
Hours: Part time: 15 hours per week
Job ref: 151-RB660
This is an exciting role for a motivated and enthusiastic BACP registered Counsellor. As this is a Macmillan post you will be able to access Macmillan’s bespoke training (both online and Face to face). This will be ideal for someone who is looking to work in NHS for 2 days of the week. You will be working alongside an existing Macmillan counsellor who is here for 3 days. You will be counselling people affected by Cancer who are cared for by Wexham Park Hospital (Frimley Health NHS Trust). This is an exciting role in a developing service, where you will be part of the team and can influence and be involved to develop a service.
About the Job
The post holder will be part of the Chaplaincy and Pastoral care team which is based at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough. Working with the Cancer specialist nurses the post-holder will influence the implementation, clinical development and operational delivery of the Primary Care Counselling Service by:
- Supporting in the delivery and development of Macmillan Counselling services, in liaison with other Counselling Colleagues and partner organisations: Macmillan, CQC to ensure high-quality patient experience.
- Ensuring Counselling services to our cancer affected inpatients and outpatients.
- Offering counselling services to the carers of the cancer patients
- Providing support for the staff who work with Cancer patients.
- Facilitating the delivery of strategic, corporate and operational objectives
- Creating and sustaining new alliances and effect the development and success of the service.
- Managing own and the team’s capacity
- Co-coordinating delivery of counselling
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Formal, approved qualifications in counselling or psychotherapy which included supervised and assessed clinical experience, minimum Diploma Level 4.
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience working as a Counsellor.
- Flexibility and the capacity to embrace change and develop the service.
- BACP/UKCP membership.