Palliative Care Counsellor Required: Salford, Greater Manchester
Closing: 03/06/2021 23:59
Site: Salford Care Organisation
Salary: £31,365 – £37,890 Pro rata
Salary period: Yearly
Grade: NHS AfC: Band 6
Hours: Part time – 22.5 hours per week
Job ref: 236-SCO-P244-2021
The Palliative Care Team at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust is a dynamic and forward thinking multidisciplinary team, which demonstrates the highest level of patient and carer assessment and support.
This post represents an excellent opportunity for someone to join the team to develop their competencies and skills as a Specialist Counsellor in Palliative Care.
This post is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Counsellor to consolidate previous knowledge and experience relating to bereavement support, physical health and/or palliative care.
You will be able to demonstrate significant post-registration experience which includes experience relevant to palliative care, or bereavement support.
Main duties of the job
The service is a 5 day service and core hours are 09.00 – 17.00 (flexible working available). The post holder will work 22.5 hours per week, on days which will meet the needs of the services, these days could be changeable.
The post holder will work therapeutically with clients and their families in their client’s homes or at a health centre close to their home. The post holder will support learning and development of other Trust members by providing teaching sessions as directed by the line manager.
The post holder will also provide clinical supervision to health care workers within the Trust as directed by the line manager.
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists registered or equivalent
- Minimum of a diploma level qualification in counselling
- Significant experience of working within a client centered model of counselling for bereavement/grief/loss with adults
- Knowledge of palliative care work with adults
- Knowledge of theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies
- Training certificate in Bereavement/Loss/Grief
- Training in relationship therapy/couple counselling
- Training certificate in supervision
WhereToTalk offers UK Counselling Jobs /Psychotherapy Jobs, Placement Opportunities, Counselling Consultation, Gift Cards for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)