Part Time Counsellor Required: Skipton, Yorkshire
Closing Date: January 24, 2021
Salary: £15.30 per hour
Hours: 10 hours per week
A rare and exciting opportunity for a passionate and committed Counsellor to work with other members of the Counselling Service team providing an integrated, effective Counselling Service for the students and staff of Craven College.
• A Practitioner Diploma in Counselling covering skills training and a core theoretical model plus a managed and supervised clinical placement. Training to include assessment, brief focused and longer-term therapeutic interventions.
• BACP Accredited or evidence of active work towards BACP Accredited.
• Commitment to on-going training and self-development. Evidence of regular, ongoing professional development in line with BACP Guidelines.
• Evidence of post-qualification experience of supervised counselling and psychotherapy work including both brief-focussed work and longer-term therapy.
• Significant experience of work within an Educational setting.
• Experience of conducting initial counselling assessments.
• Post qualification experience in working with and counselling children and young people.
• Awareness and understanding of risk assessment procedures.
• Significant experience of dealing with safeguarding issues, policies and procedures.
• To have specialist knowledge and skills in working with children and young people.
• To have specialist knowledge of staff counselling, as well as stress at work, stress management and relaxation training.
• Knowledge of counselling theory. An ability to state a core theoretical model and demonstrate understanding of it in practice.
• A knowledge of mental health and wellbeing issues that affect young people.
• Knowledge of BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
• To have specialist knowledge and experience of safeguarding policy and procedure as it relates to children and vulnerable adults.
• Ability to assess and manage cases and provide appropriate intervention and support to clients.
• Ability to cope with personal stress, manage own workload and work autonomously. The postholder must be psychologically robust.
• Ability to establish and maintain therapeutic alliances, to hold firm boundaries, to contain work.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and Teams and work with online platforms. Competence with IT software (e-mail, Word, letter and report writing, etc.)
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, and to foster good working relationships with different professionals and agencies