Psychological Therapist Required: London
£44,588 – £49,571 pro rata
Permanent / 18.75 hours per week
We are looking for Psychological Therapists with experience, to join our team of therapists and honorary therapists delivering therapeutic support to some of the most marginalised people in society. This is a part-time role based in London and may require travel to different St Mungo’s services.
Lifeworks, the Psychological Interventions Service, employs a team of therapists who, with honorary therapists, provide a range of psychological therapies to people have experienced homelessness and accessed St Mungo’s services across London and the South of England. Lifeworks has demonstrated the benefits of providing therapy in a way that acknowledges the challenges that our clients experience in engaging with this process, and for many of our clients they would not otherwise be able to access therapy.
Lifeworks has recently undergone a change of structure with the aim of broadening out the offer to our clients, both in terms of geographically reaching more people, but also offering a wider range of therapy options. We are looking for therapists who can support the development of St Mungo’s psychologically and trauma informed approaches and have experience of working with this client group and who have experience of supervising honorary therapists.
We are looking for someone with experience of working therapeutically in a way that supports people in a positive, individual manner to sustain their recovery. We also welcome and encourage applications from people with lived experience of mental health issues and/or services.
We are looking for someone with:
- Doctoral level training, or equivalent, in clinical or counselling psychology or its equivalent, accredited by the BPS. Training in models of developmental lifespan psychology, psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology and two or more distinct psychological therapies. HCPC Registered, or BACP / UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, or BABCP registered CBT Therapist.
- Experience of engagement of marginalised clients, and those with chaotic behaviour.
- A high level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychological therapy as applied to the client group using this service. Knowledge and skills of at least one core therapeutic model e.g. CBT, psychodynamic.
- Knowledge of the psychological impact of social exclusion. Skills in the application of psychological assessments, formulations and interventions with a complex client group.
- Experience of running supervision groups.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
- We hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say St Mungo’s is a great place to work.
- We are committed to developing all of our staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of our vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
- Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation’s values and how we work.
- We are proud of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
Flexible Working and Pension
- We are committed to maintaining your work/life balance. We offer 25 days annual leave, and operate a very popular Flexi Time scheme, which allows you to supplement your annual leave entitlement. After 5 years, staff annual leave entitlement increases to 28 days.
- St Mungo’s contribute 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 – 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)