Registered Counsellor (Part Time) – Phone Based
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 pro – rata depending on experience
Job ref: 21000A6K
Closing date: TBC
Bristol | Glasgow | Royal Tunbridge Wells | Bournemouth | Location Independent
We have several exciting opportunities for Telephone Counsellors to join us on a permanent or fixed term basis to suit your commitments elsewhere. You can be home, or office based, the choice is yours however if home based, you will be required to travel to one of our AXA Health offices approximately twice a quarter, travel expenses will be covered by AXA. Working with our passionate Clinical Team, you’ll help us meet the growing demand for mental health support through our Employee Assistance Programmes and Private Medical Healthcare.
Joining us as a Telephone Counsellor, you’ll assess customers with a vast array of mild, moderate and severe clinical needs; from stress, anxiety and depression through to attachment difficulties, substance abuse, trauma and personality disorders. This role does not involve delivering ongoing therapy, your role is to carry out an assessment and recommend what is clinically appropriate so that the customer can be referred on.
Working Hours & Shift Pattern:
You will be working shifts however your shift pattern will remain the same, so you can plan around your hours. Shifts will include some evenings and/or weekends and typically start at 8am, noon, 3pm or 11pm for overnight shifts and usually last 7.5 hours. The minimum hours for this role are 22.5 hours per week. You may be required to work some bank holidays.
Induction & Training:
You’ll receive a comprehensive induction to set you up for success in your new role. The induction period will last 2 – 3 weeks, with your agreed shift pattern starting in week 3 or 4. The induction can be conducted remotely and will consist of group conference calls, individual calls with important people such as your line manager and your buddy, online training sessions and practice scenario’s.
What you’ll be doing:
- Completing assessments to decide what is clinically appropriate and available to the client and making referral recommendations.
- Supporting managers to support the health and wellbeing of their employees.
- Supporting employees of contracted businesses to provide mental health care by telephone.
- Carrying out therapy assessments, managing risk and providing one-off support calls.
- Counselling qualification (degree or post grad dip).
- Minimum of level 4 qualification a Diploma course in England and PG Dip in Scotland.
- Registered with BACP/BABCP or equivalent.
- A minimum of 150 hours Counselling experience, post qualification.
- Previous EAP, telephone and time limited assessment experience would be advantageous, but not essential
- Experience of working in a corporate and/or structured environment is desirable
- Robust IT skills with the ability to work with mutiple systems and Microsoft Teams Please note: Psycho-Drama/Art therapy qualifications are not appropriate on their own, but can be suitable if in addition to the above essential criteria. Please be aware that if successful, we carry out PVG checks as part of our offer process.
What we offer
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary of between £25,000 – £28,000 (pro-rata) depending on experience
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Continued professional development
- 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
- Dedicated financial support (through AXA-paid Nudge)
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)